I made pineapple bars for two of my fellow co-workers‘ birthdays. They were really easy to make and came out very moist and yummy. The simple glaze on the top gives the bar an added boost of pineapple flavor. This recipe is quick and easy to transport to work (i.e. on the Metro). For next time, I might try adding some coconut and maybe even some white chocolate chips. I like using the crushed pineapple since it evenly distributes pineapple throughout the bars, so you get a little bit in each bite. Enjoy!
- 2 c flour
- 1 1/2 c quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened
- 1 c packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 oz.) crushed pineapple, well drained
- confectioners sugar
- pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, oats, and baking soda together.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla until well combined.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in crushed pineapple until just mixed.
- Pour into greased 13×9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, gradually add pineapple juice, 1-2 tbsp at a time, to the confectioner’s sugar until a smooth glaze forms.
- When the bars have completely cooled, drizzle pineapple glaze over the bars and allow to cool.