Apple brownies are something that I’ve grown up with; they are similar to blonde brownies except with diced apples inside them. The recipe I have listed is my mom’s recipe. It’s simple and has very basic ingredients which is why I love it. These brownies are perfect to use your seasonal apples with. They are wonderful to eat by themselves or served with some vanilla ice cream on top. I decided to make these last night to share with my co-workers today. We have a conference coming up and we’ve all been extremely busy. Hope these brownies make everyone’s Friday better!
- 2/3 cup butter (10 tbsp plus 2 tsp) at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cup diced apples (I used McIntosh)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the flour mix to the butter mix and beat until combined.
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.