I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween weekend! My husband and I were spaghetti and meatballs for Halloween (see photo below). My husband found the costume on Friday night and it’s super cute and very comfortable as well! I’m sure we’ll be reusing this costume several more times.
My husband loves cream sauces, so for our Sunday, Halloween dinner he decided to cook me fettuccine with a fresh, oregano cream sauce. It was delicious and very satisfying. Most cream sauces usually leave me feeling very full, but this dish was rather light and made enough for lunch today! I am fortunate that my husband not only loves to cook with me, but for me as well. Food is definitely something that we both love and appreciate. We’re always looking for new and unique restaurants to go to as well!
Do you like to cook with your significant other? What are your favorite dishes to make?
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to season
- 1 box of Fettuccine
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic, and salt and sauté until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the squash, oregano, and red pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the squash is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the cream, stir to coat the vegetables, and bring to a boil. Stir in the cheese and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccine until al dente.
- Using tongs, transfer the pasta directly into the sauce. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Remove the pasta and sauce from heat and toss with tongs to coat the pasta. Add the reserved pasta water by the tablespoon to reach the desired sauce consistency.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.