(Photos from DC Metro Cooking Website)
Attention all my fellow Washingtonians and out-of-town friends that will be in the DC metro area the weekend of November 13-14, the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show will be taking place at the DC Convention Center for its fifth year. This year’s show will feature some of DC’s top chefs as well as renowned Food Network stars Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray. There will be numerous cooking demonstrations, an exhibit hall with over 300 exhibitors offering product samples as well as sales, a tasting pavilion with beer, wine, and spirits, and even the Just for Kids cooking area. There will also be several special events taking place throughout the weekend including Chef Carla Hall, former Bravo TV Top Chef Contestant, hosting a food and wine pairing with the Wine Coach® Laurie Forster, Cocktails with Todd Thrasher, and Savvy Holiday Entertaining with Tara Wilson.
The list of the DC area chefs presenting culinary demonstrations includes:
- Chef Victor Albisu, BLT Steak
- Chef Cathal Armstrong & Todd Thrasher, Restaurant Eve, Eammon’s, The Majestic
- Chef Arthur Cavaliere, Central Michel Richard
- Chef Scott Drewno, The Source by Wolfgang Puck
- Chef Todd Gray, Equinox
- Chef Carla Hall, Alchemy Caterers & Top Chef Season 5 Contestant
- Chef Mike Isabella, Graffiato & Top Chef Season 6 Contestant
- Chef Ramon Martinez, Jaleo
- Chef Clayton Miller & Pastry Chef Chris Ford, Trummer’s On Main
- Chef Patrice Olivon, L’Academie de Cuisine
- Pastry Chef Travis Olson, 1789 Restaurant
- Chef Paul Stearman, Marcel’s
- Chef Nicholas Stefanelli, Bibiana
Events will take place all weekend between the following hours:
Saturday, November 13: 10 am – 7 pm & Sunday, November 14: 10 am – 5 pm
Purchase your tickets today at http://www.metrocooking.com.
General admission, $20 advance; $25 on-site; Children 4-12, $10 advance, $13 on-site; Children 4 and under free
You can also purchase tickets via telephone at 1-888-695-0888; or for information call 703-321-4890.
The Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show isn’t only held in DC — they’ve held shows in Atlanta and West Palm Beach too! Check out their website to see future locations that they will be coming to: http://www.metrocooking.com.
Have you ever been to a Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show? What was your favorite part of the show? I’m definitely looking forward to sampling some wonderful foods and beverages. But I also have to say I’m very excited at the possibility of seeing Chef Bobby Flay in action!
3 responses to “D.C. Metropolitan Cooking & Entertaining Show”
I’ve never been but I’m working at it all day on Saturday from 9 – 7 so I am excited!!
I’ll be there volunteering Saturday afternoon.
Pingback: Metro Cooking Show Ticket Giveaway « Happy When Not Hungry