7 Layer Bars are my 2nd cookie/bar of my Cookie Countdown to Christmas. These bars are not necessarily Christmas treats, but my mom has been making them at Christmastime for as long as I can remember. They are awesome and are very easy to make – they are actually the easiest cookie I bake at Christmastime! They’re also very travel friendly if you want to share with friends or co-workers. I also only have 6 layers in my bars: butter, graham crackers, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, sweetened condensed milk, and shredded coconut. The 7th layer is usually walnuts, but since my hubby doesn’t like walnuts, I left them out. You definitely won’t miss the walnuts, but if you want to add them it can’t hurt right?
Also, my giveaway is still going on until tomorrow, so register to win a free cookbook!!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 6-7 full sheets)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in microwave and mix with graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of a 13×9″ pan.
- Layer the chocolate chips over the graham cracker crumbs.
- Layer the butterscotch chips over the chocolate chips.
- Spread the condensed milk over the top.
- Sprinkle the top of condensed milk with shredded coconut.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until graham cracker crust is golden brown.