I hadn’t had a rice Krispy treat in a long time and then I gradually began seeing them all over my fellow food bloggers’ sites. They’re so delicious and so simple to make, so I decided I had to get involved in all the fun. I decided to make peanut butter pretzel rice Krispy treats. Peanut butter and pretzels are an amazing combo – they even sell these little beauties at the store. Trader Joe’s has some awesome ones that once you bite into the pretzel, you’re instantly greeted by smooth, creamy peanut butter. I decided that I’d add some peanut butter chips and crushed pretzels to my treats. These babies were so simple to make and so delicious. Once you bite down, you instantly taste the peanut butter chips along with some salty pretzel bites… yum! Definitely give these treats a try. They’re so simple and there are endless ways to add your own touch to them. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag (10 oz) marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- Coat a 13 x 9 baking pan with spray.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter chips, pretzels, and rice krispies.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and cook over low heat stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from the heat and pour over cereal.
- Stir with a wooden spoon until coated and press into pan.
- Once cereal treats have cooled, cut into 24 squares and serve.