This is the first time that I’ve officially mentioned on my blog that my older sister is having a baby!!! It’s our family’s first baby, so everyone is extremely excited for this little bundle of joy to arrive. My sister is doing extremely well and she looks fabulous – she’s 29 weeks pregnant in this photo, but you could never tell she’s that far along!!
In addtion to the breads and baked goods, we made my Mom’s infamous Sausage & Egg Casserole. My Mom has been making this egg dish for Christmas brunch every year for as long as I can remember. But she only makes it for Christmas brunch and since my sis loves it, we decided to break with tradition and make it. Instead of making the casserole in a 13×9 inch pan, we made individual muffin cups of the casserole. They came out really cute and the muffin-sized portions were easier to serve to the lovely ladies. We also made some tasty homefries to go along with the egg and sausage dish. For drinks, I made Strawberry Agua Fresca via Jenna of Eat, Live, Run. This drink is fabulous! It’s so easy to make, but tastes so refreshing and healthy. We left them non-alcoholic, but adding some Prosecco would make this drink even better.
We had such a great time throwing my sister this baby shower! She (and baby) got some wonderful gifts as well. We were also happy that my mother-in-law and sister-in-law were able to attend as well. Stay tuned for details about the baby shower coming up in Syracuse; my Mom and I have some more creative treats in store!
Have you ever thrown a baby shower or attended one? What cute/unique treats have you seen before?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease 24 mini muffin tins with cooking spray or paper liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center and add the butter mix. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and toffee chips with a spatula until distributed evenly.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill each muffin cup level with the rim.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
- Serve at room temperature or freeze for future use.