A couple of weeks ago, Shawnda from Confections of a Foodie Bride was having a giveaway for Jennifer Chandler’s Simply Suppers cookbook and guess what… I won! I was so happy to win this cookbook because who wouldn’t love more delicious recipes that are easy to make and are perfect for a weeknight meal?! This cookbook has loads of beautiful dishes that are simple and require few ingredients. I love recipes like that especially for weeknight meals. The first recipe I tried was for the Rosemary & Potato Chip Chicken Tenders. These tenders came out tasting fantastic and were extremely easy. To make the recipe a bit more healthy, I baked my tenders instead of frying them and I used low-salt potato chips instead of the full-on salted ones. I added some fresh rosemary as well since I love the rosemary-and-potato combo. I accompanied them with some sweet potato fries. They came out tasting great – definitely give this recipe a try!
- 1/2 cup flour
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bag (11 oz) potato chips, crushed
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Place the flour in a bowl and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Place the beaten eggs in another small bowl. Leave the crushed potato chips in the bag.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season each side with salt and pepper. Dredge both sides of a tenderloin in the flour, shaking off the excess. Dip the tenderloin into the egg wash and allow the excess to drip off. Dredge the tenderloin into the crushed potato chip bag, coating both sides. Place the tenderloin on the baking sheet and repeat this step until all tenderloins are coated with potato chips.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with honey mustard, BBQ sauce, or my hubby’s favorite, ranch dressing.
*Adapted from Jennifer Chandler’s Simply Suppers