When I was doing graduate school work in Italy three years ago, I lived in a hotel for four weeks. Normally, living out of a suitcase for that long would drive me crazy especially because it would mean that I couldn’t cook my own meals. But in Italy, I had a lot of healthy and delicious meal options to choose from. One of my favorite breakfast options was Fruit and Nut Muesli. Muesli is so easy to make and so delicious. Every morning I would mix it with different fresh fruits, nuts, and yogurt. It’s not only delicious, but it’s filling as well. Definitely give this recipe a try!
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-2 medium apple, finely diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Mix oats, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Let it stand 5 minutes to soften oats.
- Whisk orange juice and honey in medium bowl. Stir in apples, strawberries, and almonds.
- Stir fruit mixture into oat mixture, cover, and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.