Guess what I did tonight? I went bowling at the White House!!! My hubby and I were invited by a friend who is on detail there. There were about 12 of us that went and it was definitely an amazing experience (a lot more fun than our usual Wii Bowling). Check out some of my photos.
Bowling was definitely a cool experience… now on to the food! Since strawberries are in season down here in the DC Metro Area, I decided to make this fresh and healthy Strawberry & Spinach Salad. This salad is so simple to make and so beautiful as well. I added a little red onion for extra flavor and some walnuts for crunch. The vinaigrette I used is really simple; I just whisk olive oil with fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, sea salt, and fresh cracked pepper. It’s simple, but that’s all you need for this flavorful and fresh salad. Enjoy and have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!!
- 4 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves, washed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper for seasoning
- In a medium-sized serving bowl, lightly toss spinach, onion, walnuts, and strawberries and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and pepper until combined. Pour dressing over salad and lightly toss until coated.