I was craving some cookies last week – peanut butter and oatmeal ones, so I decided why not combine the two? I did and I added some shredded coconut for good measure. Allow me to introduce you to my Peanut Butter Oatmeal & Coconut Cookies! These cookies were perfect for subduing my double cookie cravings; they had the perfect combo of peanut butter and oats as well as the slightest hint of coconut. What is your favorite cookie to make when you’re craving some? Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup, plus 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat melted butter, sugars, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla until combined.
- In another small bowl, sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add the flour mix to the peanut butter mix and beat on low speed until combined.
- Add oats and coconut and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes or longer.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using dampened hands, shape the dough into 1″ balls. Place balls 2″ apart on cookie sheet and using a fork, lightly press the tines into the dough flattening the cookie.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown. Transfer cookies to a rack to cool completely.
*Adapted from WS Cookies