I’m a huge cinnamon fan; I love to eat it and I love candles that smell like it. I’m quite frankly obsessed with cinnamon especially because it reminds me of my favorite season, autumn. Well, it’s by no means autumn in the DC Metro area, but these cinnamon chips definitely get me in the mood. This was my first time using cinnamon chips and I must say that I am a huge fan. These chips pack so much flavor and they’re such a nice alternative to chocolate chips or butterscotch chips. I have been holding on to this bag of cinnamon chips for a while now thinking of some elaborate dessert that I could use them with. But then my hubby was craving some oatmeal cookies, so I thought why not use the cinnamon chips? I made these Cinnamon & White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I added some white chocolate chips for good measure. I can’t tell you how amazing these cookies tasted with the cinnamon and oatmeal combo! If you’ve never tried cinnamon chips before I definitely encourage you to try them out on these cookies. You will thank me 🙂
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Remove the melted butter from the heat and with a wooden spoon, beat in the sugars until blended. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until blended.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir until combined. Add the cinnamon and white chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line to baking sheets with parchment paper. With a cookie scoop, drop 1 tbsp dough onto the baking sheets about 2″ apart. With a metal spatula, flatten each cookie into a disk.
- Bake cookies for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
*Makes about 3 dozen cookies