Yes, I know… bacon with chocolate, butterscotch, coconut, and graham crackers? Yep. Your tastebuds will love you if you make these bars. I don’t know what it is about the sweet and salty combo, but it’s amazing; peanut butter and jelly, chocolate covered pretzels, the list goes on and on. These 7 Layer Bacon Bars are no exception to that list. I used my classic 7 Layer Bar recipe and added some diced bacon for good measure. I made these bars to bring over to my sister and bro-in-law’s for dinner over the weekend. I told my sister there was a secret ingredient and that I wouldn’t tell her what it was until after she tried them. I thought I had her fooled, but she guessed right! These bars have the slightest hint of bacon, and when you taste the salty with the sweet, fireworks will go off in your mouth. Definitely give these tasty bars a try!
- 5 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 6-7 full sheets)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Line slices of bacon on baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 17-20 minutes. Place bacon strips on top of paper towels to drain and set aside.
- Lower oven heat to 350.
- Melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl and add graham cracker crumbs to butter and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spray a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray and spread graham cracker crumbs on the bottom.
- Once bacon has cooled, break into small crumbles or pieces. In a mixing bowl, toss the bacon, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut together and spread over graham crackers.
- Spread the condensed milk over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until graham cracker crust is golden brown. Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into squares and serving.