I want to apologize for being M.I.A. this past week. I was traveling for work and then guess what???? My sister had a beautiful baby girl this past weekend!!!! It’s our family’s first baby and she is absolutely amazing. She’s so tiny and beautiful. Because I was so wrapped up with my little niece, I spent very little time in my kitchen. However, one night, my mom took over my kitchen and made us an amazing dinner of grilled chicken and this delicious Greek Orzo Salad. I made Summer Orzo Salad a few weeks ago, but the flavors were a bit different with avocado and oranges. This orzo salad has the traditional Greek flavors that are so delicious and perfect for a summer BBQ. Enjoy!
- 1 box orzo
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 cup feta
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper for seasoning
- In a large stock pot, bring water to a boil and cook orzo until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain orzo and allow to cool while preparing vegetables.
- Place green onions, tomatoes, cucumber, and feta in a large bowl and combine with the orzo.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, sugar, and lemon juice and pour over salad. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle parsley and basil over salad and season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve.