Hello! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. Here is another chicken dish that is easy to make and delicious: Chicken Milanese. You might recall that I was lamenting about chicken last week, but I found two great chicken recipes that you should add to your arsenal if you’re getting sick of the same old chicken dishes. What is your favorite way to prepare chicken? Do share!
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups plain dried bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 chicken breasts
- Sea salt and fresh cracker pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and the eggs in another shallow bowl.
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan, basil, and thyme in another shallow bowl.
- Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4″ thick. Sprinkle the chicken with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour, then the egg, and then the bread crumb mix. Place chicken breast on a plate and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil and butter over medium heat. Add 2 chicken breasts at a time and cook until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels to drain and repeat steps with remaining chicken breasts.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the chicken breasts and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.