I apologize for being away for several days, but I was at the beach with my family! It was a much needed rest after the chaos of traveling for work. We didn’t have the internet and at first I was disappointed, but it was actually nice to take a few days off from email and technology and to just relax at the beach and spend time with family. Before I left for the beach, I made these easy, but delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars for my sis-in-law and my cuz. Enjoy!
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Heat oven to 350°F and spray bottom of 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir all Cookie Base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat all Filling ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over cookie base.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave all Frosting ingredients on High 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes; spread over filling. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set and serve.