I love making any sort of fruit crisp for dessert because they are so easy to prepare and are so versatile since you can use whatever seasonal fruit you’d like. I love to make apple crisp in the fall with some fresh, hand-picked apples. Since peaches are still ripe and juicy, I decided to make a Blueberry Peach Crisp. I dolloped some whipped cream on top while the crisp was still warm… YUM is all I can say!
In other news, it’s Hump Day, so smile 🙂
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 4-5 peaches, sliced
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray a 13 x 9″ pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix blueberries and peach slices with cinnamon. Pour fruit into the pan and spread out evenly.
- In another bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients until crumbles form. Sprinkle crumbles over the fruit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crumb topping is golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.