We have officially moved into our new house!!! We couldn’t have done it without our families. They came down from NY to help us move and were amazing. Both my Mom and my Mother-in-Law came prepared with delicious Chicken Riggies and Lasagna respectively. It was awesome to christen our dinning room with our moms’ amazing Italian food. Since I was busy moving all weekend, I decided to blog about a snack that I made last week before the big move: Old Bay Spiced Baked Chickpeas. Chickpeas are such an amazing snack because they are healthy and chalked full of protein. I love the Utz Crab potato chips that are seasoned with Old Bay, so I decided to use Old Bay to season my chickpeas. You can use whatever spice you like. Enjoy and thanks for all the well wishes about the move!
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea Salt to taste
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain the can of garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse with water to clean beans. Between two paper towels, gently press the beans to absorb any excess water. Discard any skins that may come off the beans.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the beans and use your hands or a spatula to toss around and coat. Sprinkle with sea salt and Old Bay. Roast for 30-40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy.
- If needed, season with sea salt and Old Bay to taste.
*Adapted from Steamy Kitchen