- 1 can (28 Ounces) whole tomatoes with juice, drained
- 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies), drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole jalapeno, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Note: this is a very large batch. Recommend using a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like (about 15 pulses). Season to taste with more salt if necessary.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips.
*Slightly adapted from Pioneer Woman