It’s almost the weekend!!! We have some fun plans in store for this weekend: a close friend’s birthday celebration, a wine festival, a 2-year anniversary dinner, and last but not least… a painting project. Since we’ve bought our house, the hubby and I are starting to really settle in and figure out what we want/need to change to make this house our own. This past weekend, I made these Cinnamon Sugar Banana Muffins for us to munch on while running around Home Depot and working on the house.
I love these two rooms! What do you think? What is your favorite decorating style?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 extremely ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 3/4 cups)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 and spray 12 muffin cups with baking spray.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, mashed bananas, and milk until blended. Add the flour mixture and beat until creamy and combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling them level with the rim. Bake until golden or 20-25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, stir together the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Have the melted butter ready in another small bowl. Hold the bottom of the muffin and dip into the melted butter and then coat in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining muffins.
*Adapted from Muffins