I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Remember when I went apple picking back in mid September? Well, I’ve kept those apples out on our screened-in-porch and they are just starting to go soft now, 4 weeks later. That’s pretty good right? I’ve made a lot of different goodies with these apples, one of them being this Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake. It’s perfect for brunch or dessert! What is your favorite dessert with apples? I still have some leftover and am looking for some new apple recipes. Do share!
Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter
- 2 cups Origina Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 tsp milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 9″ square pan with cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix the streusel toppings together except the butter. With a pastry cutter, cut in butter until crumbles form and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine Bisquick mix, milk, sugar, egg, and apple slices and beat for 30 seconds.
- Spread half of the batter in the pan and sprinkle with streusel topping. Spread the remaining batter over and sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the glaze ingredients together until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over the warm cake and serve.
*Adapted from Betty Crocker