I might be a little late to the game, but I just purchased my first doughnut pan thanks to the Fairy Hobmother from Appliances Online! A few weeks back, I commented on Monet’s amazing Cinnamon Rolls and was sent an Amazon gift card to purchase some goodies with. One of those goodies (besides an awesome baking scale) was a doughnut pan. I’ve been reading so many wonderful blog posts on baked doughnuts that I decided it was finally time for me to buy myself one. In lieu of the fact that I adore autumn, I decided to make some Apple Cider Doughnuts. Some of them have an apple cider glaze while the others have been rolled in cinnamon sugar. These doughnuts were soft, flavorful, and well… amazing. Thanks Fairy Hobmother for hooking me up with some great baking equipment!
The good news is that the Fairy Hobmother might pay you a visit as well!!! Just leave a comment on my post below telling me what kitchen gadgets you’d like and make a wish!
Good luck and enjoy the doughnuts!
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
Apple Cider Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2-3 tbsp apple cider
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray doughnut pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add apple cider, eggs, and butter and beat until combined. Fill each doughnut cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing from pan.
- To make cinnamon sugar, melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl. In another small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar. Dip doughnuts in melted butter and then coat on both sides with cinnamon sugar. Place on a wire rack to dry.
- To make apple cider glaze, combine ingredients and whisk until smooth. Drizzle over doughnuts and allow to dry on a wire rack.
*Makes 12 doughnuts
Adapted from Wilton Baked Cake Doughnuts
14 responses to “Apple Cider Doughnuts”
These donuts look like they would melt in your mouth. They look delicious.
Fairy Hobmother I would love a candy thermometer. I would like to try making more candy recipes for the holiday season.
These look amazing! Fairy Hobmother, please bring me a doughnut pan so I can make these awesome doughnuts for the holidays.
These sound and look amazing!! Yum! I too was gifted a lovely treat from the Fairy Hobmother… a doughnut pan maybe in my future too. : )
Those look just abour perfect! I can just imagine how great they taste – beautiful!
Those look delicious! I would be scared to have such a device capable of making amazing doughnuts so close.
This truly looks magnificent!
Wow your doughnut looks so perfect 🙂 I can’t wait to try it 🙂
Donut pans are so fun, aren’t they? I am glad I have mine. Your apple cider donuts look amazing!
Your donuts look sooo tasty! OK, I’m going to admit it – I tried baked donuts once and they left much to be desired. I immediately fried a batch and restored balance to the world. However, I am nothing if not open minded, so I’ll give yours a try!
And fairy Hobmother – Please, please bring me a new digital kitchen scale. My old one is on it’s last legs! Thank you…
Oh how this reminds me of home! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂
OH MY YES!!! I love this! I made apple cider doughnuts earlier in the year and they were a HUGE hit.
These donuts were SO delicious !! Great job!
Omg these look amazing! I also just purchased a doughnut pan last week so I cannot wait to use it!!
Wow these doughnuts look like from doughnuts store! They look so professionally made and I love the flavor – so yummy!