I’m sure you’ve seen Peanut Butter Blossoms before – they’re all over the cookie tray scene during the Holidays. And why wouldn’t they be? They’re a delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter and also fun to eat. I’m weird and like to take the Hershey Kiss off of my cookie and give it to someone else to eat. Maybe you like to eat the Hershey Kiss first and then start on the peanut butter cookie or vice versa? Whatever method you have for eating your PB Blossom really doesn’t matter because they are delicious either way!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, plus 1/2 cup more for rolling dough balls in
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (like Crisco), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 36 Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, shortening, and peanut butter until combined. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mix to wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, place leftover 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Roll dough into 2″ balls and roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet, 2″ apart. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and gently press 1 kiss into each cookie. Place in oven and cook for about 30 seconds more.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies