Biscotti dipped in white chocolate anyone? This delicious Pistachio & Cranberry Biscotti is perfect with a warm cup of coffee or as a tasty after-dinner treat. I love the pistachio, cranberry, and white chocolate combo too; it’s the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Enjoy!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a heavy large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, butter, lemon zest, and salt in a large bowl to blend. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Add the flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in the pistachios and cranberries.
- Form the dough into a 13-inch-long, 3-inch-wide log on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until light golden, about 40 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the log on a cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the log on a diagonal into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the biscotti cut side down on the baking sheet. Bake the biscotti until they are pale golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a rack and cool completely.
- Stir the chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts. Dip half of the biscotti into the melted chocolate. Gently shake off the excess chocolate. Place the biscotti on the baking sheet for the chocolate to set. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm, about 35 minutes.
Yield: 2 dozen
*From Giada De Laurentiis