Ok so call me crazy, but I don’t like eggnog. I know! It’s too rich for me; one sip is fine, but an entire mug? Forget it… like most cream sauces, hollendaises, alfredos, etc… I just don’t care for their richness. So why did I make these Eggnog Cookies? Well, my hubby loves eggnog so I decided to make them. But low and behold, I actually ended up loving these cookies! The eggnog flavor is definitely prominent, but eating a few cookies is definitely not the same as downing an entire mug of the stuff. I also added some Captain Morgan’s Rum to the frosting, so these cookies are definitely sure to please even if you don’t want them to 🙂 Even if you’re like me and don’t care to drink eggnog, these cookies taste amazing with their hint of eggnog, rum, and nutmeg.
Enjoy and have a Merry and blessed Christmas!!!!!!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup eggnog
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp eggnog
- 3 tbsp rum (I used Captain Morgan)
- Nutmeg for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light. Add egg and eggnog and mix until blended. On low speed, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix until blended.
- Drop dough by the teaspoon onto cookie sheet, spacing each cookie 2″ apart. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, combine confectioner’s sugar, eggnog, and rum and beat until smooth. Underneath the wire rack, place a sheet of parchment or wax paper to catch the excess frosting. Using a butter knife or metal spatula, frost the top of the cookies and sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg. Allow to dry.
Yield: 36 cookies
*Sweet Maria’s Big Baking Bible