Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate??? I had some leftover peanut butter buttercream frosting after making those Peanut Butter & Chocolate Owl Cupcakes for my hubby’s birthday this past week so I couldn’t let it go to waste! I decided to make some Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Brownies. You could make brownies from scratch or use your favorite brownie box mix. Either way, these chocolate brownies topped with peanut butter buttercream frosting and Reese’s Pieces are sure to make your belly smile. Enjoy!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 2/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Reese’s Pieces, for topping
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Heat, stirring often, until melted, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the sugar and salt. Add the eggs and vanilla and stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir until just blended. Stir in the chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared dish and spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out almost completely clean, about 30 minutes (longer if using a metal pan). Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, to make the frosting, cream peanut butter and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on high speed. On low speed, mix in sugar until combined, then beat mixture on high speed until fluffy and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Once brownies have cooled completely, spread frosting on top (you will have frosting left over). Sprinkle Reese’s Pieces over frosting and cut into squares.