I haven’t made snickerdoodle cookies since I was in 8th grade home-ec class. I decided it was ample time to give these delicious cookies their due, so I amped them up with some cinnamon chips and made Snickerdoodle Chip Cookies. These cookies are fluffy and delicious… perfect with a glass of milk. They definitely remind me of my childhood. Such a great cookie and I’m sorry that I had forgotten about them!
What was your favorite childhood cookie?
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/4 cup sugar + 1/2 tbsp cinnamon for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Add flour mix to the dough and beat until dough comes together. Add in milk and cinnamon chips and beat until combined. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove dough from fridge and roll into 1 inch balls. Dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.