Here’s another quick and delicious recipe to share with your special someone this Valentine’s Day: Red Velvet Cake Truffles. I was at home visiting my parents this past weekend and everyone loved these red velvet cake balls probably because they’re mixed with cream cheese frosting and doused in white chocolate. They’re addicting and because they’re small, you can justify eating a lot of them (or at least that’s what I told myself!). I have to thank my hubby for taking these photos for me as well. I’m traveling for work (again!) and forgot to take photos before I left. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and enjoy!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 tub cream cheese frosting
- 2 packages white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Bake red velvet cake mix according to directions in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Allow cake to cool thoroughly. Once cake has cooled, break cake into pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- Add tub of cream cheese frosting to cake pieces and mix together until homogenous and smooth. Place in refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
- Take teaspoonful of cake and frosting and roll into 1″ ball and place on wax paper-lined baking sheet. When baking sheet is full, place in refrigerator and chill thoroughly.
- Melt white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl (30 second blasts are best so the chips don’t burn). When thoroughly melted, dip red velvet truffle centers in chocolate and place on wax paper-covered cookie sheet. Drizzle with sprinkles and return to refrigerator until chocolate is set.
- Remove from the refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature before serving.
*Adapted from Duncan Hines