After two weeks of traveling for work, I am finally home! After eating out at restaurants and in hotels for every single meal, I couldn’t wait to get back into the kitchen and bake. I decided to bake my hubby these Chocolate Butterscotch Blondies. These blondies are chewy and scrumptious with the chocolate and butterscotch chips. They’re easy to make and perfect for Fat Tuesday! Enjoy!
- 1 cup, plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8″ square baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Cook 1 minute longer and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to cooled sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Combine the flour and salt in another bowl and add to sugar mix. Stir until combined.
- Fold chocolate and butterscotch chips into the batter. Pour the batter into the pan, spreading with a spatula to smooth.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
*Adapted from Cookies