After being in the field and out of the office for two weeks, I almost forgot that our office’s annual chili cookoff was being held the same day that I was returning to the office. Since I signed up to bring a dessert and remembered this at the last minute, i.e. the night before, I decided to whip up something quick and delicious. These Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes are the perfect solution: not too time consuming and extra scrumptious. And who wouldn’t love to be welcomed back to the office with 6 tasty chilis and these beauties? Great day to come back to the office!
- 1 package Fudge Brownie Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- Water, Eggs And Oil (per brownie mix directions)
- 1 package (8 0z) Cream Cheese
- ¼ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Peanut butter chips, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 20 paper cupcake liners. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package and spoon into cupcake liners, about half full.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, peanut butter and vanilla with a mixer until blended. Drop a spoonful into the center of the batter in each cup. Swirl with a knife and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 1 minute before the brownies are done, remove from oven and sprinkle peanut butter chips on top. Return to the oven and bake for 1 minute longer.
*Adapted from Tasty Kitchen