After being in the field and out of the office for two weeks, I almost forgot that our office’s annual chili cookoff was being held the same day that I was returning to the office. Since I signed up to bring a dessert and remembered this at the last minute, i.e. the night before, I decided to whip up something quick and delicious. These Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes are the perfect solution: not too time consuming and extra scrumptious. And who wouldn’t love to be welcomed back to the office with 6 tasty chilis and these beauties? Great day to come back to the office!
- 1 package Fudge Brownie Mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- Water, Eggs And Oil (per brownie mix directions)
- 1 package (8 0z) Cream Cheese
- ¼ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Peanut butter chips, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 20 paper cupcake liners. Prepare brownie batter as directed on package and spoon into cupcake liners, about half full.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg, peanut butter and vanilla with a mixer until blended. Drop a spoonful into the center of the batter in each cup. Swirl with a knife and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 1 minute before the brownies are done, remove from oven and sprinkle peanut butter chips on top. Return to the oven and bake for 1 minute longer.
*Adapted from Tasty Kitchen
10 responses to “Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes”
Wow, these look amazing! I have a “Pamper Me” night tomorrow so this is a great treat to share. Chocolate and peanut butter, what better combination than that 🙂
Thank you 🙂 Have fun tomorrow night and def bring these treats for the ladies!
peanut butter? brownie? cupcakes?!! The name alone has me sold. These sound totally fantastic!
These cupcakes look soo good! Love the flavors here. Yum!
These sound amazing! I love the combination of PB and chocolate! So decadent and delicious :)! I love that they contain cream cheese as well!
Wow, brownies as cupcakes…I love this idea!
these looks so delicious – I want to stay home and bake these today!
missed your site!! these look amazing. my boys would love them.
Yum, love these!
Kara, I have made these about 6 times for various bake sales/refreshment tables at school events and people LOVE them!
I have been reading your blog and making your recipes for the last year and a half, and have enjoyed it so much!
Your mom is my cousin. I am one of her Aunt Joyce’s (Gigi’s) daughters.
Thanks for sharing your love of food,