Here’s another simple, but festive treat for St. Patty’s Day: Rice Krispy Treats. In my opinion, Rice Krispy Treats are underrated; they are one of the most simple treats to make and they taste amazing, so why don’t I make them more? I’m not sure, but I know that every time I make them, they immediately make me think back to when I was a little kid. I don’t know how long Rice Krispy treats have been around for, but they are one of those timeless treats that everyone likes to enjoy now and then. Happy St. Patty’s Day!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- A few drops of green food coloring
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until completely melted and remove from heat. Add a few drops of food coloring and stir to combine.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula, evenly press mixture into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Allow to cool. Use a shamrock cookie cutter to press out shapes.
*Adapted from Rice Krispies