This Lemon Coconut Pound Cake is light and springy and perfect for Easter breakfast or Easter dessert. Lemon is fresh and always reminds me of spring, and toasted coconut has that tropical feel, so paired together, these two flavors taste amazing! I really liked this pound cake recipe because it didn’t have as much butter and was light and airy. It’s easy to make and the perfect little treat to share with family or friends at Easter or just to celebrate the spring. Enjoy and have a wonderful Easter!!!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted (see note)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325° and coat a 9 x 5″ loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Beat butter at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour, salt, baking soda, and lemon zest. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
- To make the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar, 2 tbsp milk, and fresh lemon juice, adding an additional 1 tbsp milk, 1 tsp at a time, for desired consistency. Spoon glaze over cake and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coconut.
Note: To toast coconut, preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread coconut coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring once or twice, until golden, about 5 -10 minutes.
*Adapted from Southern Living