Everyone loves Mexican food, right? I made this Black Bean Dip last weekend to share with some of my girlfriends. I was so preoccupied with catching up with my friends that I didn’t even realize I’d eaten about 1/3 of the dip on my own. Ok, maybe I knew exactly what I was doing, but it was just so good! This dip was also great because I made it in the slow cooker which was convenient since I was going over to my friend’s place on a Friday night after work. Serve this dip to a group of girls in need of some catch-up time and it will be gone in no time! Enjoy!
- 2 cans (14 to 19 oz/398 to 540 mL) black beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 2 cups salsa
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 roasted peppers (poblanos or sweet), peeled and diced
- 1 can green chillies
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- In slow cooker stoneware, combine beans, salsa, green onions, peppers, and cheese. Stir well. Cover and cook on High for 1 1/2 hours, until mixture is hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.