I made these Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies for one of my co-worker’s birthdays last week. Because I love peanut butter and chocolate, I figure everyone else has to… right? I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again, I do not like chocolate by itself. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting = gag; plain chocolate candy bar = whoof; chocolate molten lava cake = yawn. However, when you throw peanut butter in the chocolate mix, things go from whoof to smiles. Nothing says comfort food like a chewy brownie topped with peanut butter filling, chocolate ganache, and peanut butter chips. This is a guilty pleasure, but we all deserve one sometimes!
- 1 box brownie mix & water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp milk
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk on medium speed until smooth. Spread mixture evenly over brownie base.
- In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 30-60 seconds and stir until smooth. Cool 10 minutes and then spread over filling. Sprinkle peanut butter chips over chocolate, pressing lightly to set. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!
*Adapted from Betty Crocker
23 responses to “Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies”
Ohhhh, how I want this!
Oh my goodness – these are an overload of deliciousness!!! what a great treat 🙂
Thank you so much, Mary!!!!
What a wonderful desert. I love the addition of peanut butter.
Thank you, Veronica 🙂
I love all the different variations for brownies, and this one sounds amazing. I can’t think of a better combo then pb + chocolate 🙂
I def can’t get enough of the pb & chocolate combo. Yum!
That’s a good-looking recipe. What’s not to love about chocolate and peanut butter? Two of my favorites…
I def agree!!!!
Dang these look super good. I adore brownies far too much. These ones would be gone in 3 seconds flat here.
These brownies def went really quickly. Thank you!!!
Looks fantastic. I love all the components of this!!
Thank you, Emily!!! [?]
Peanut butter and chocolate is totally one of my guilty pleasures too! I love all the layers in this bar, looks delish!
Thank you so much, Vicki!!!
These look amazing! Chocolate, peanut butter. I wish my birthday was sooner.
This looks like a great dessert to bring to a Memorial Day weekend picnic.
Chocolate and peanut butter, what could be better! I’m definitely going to make these this weekend.
Thanks, Mom! My co-worker loved them!
These sound like the answer to a craving! I would sure get my fix off of them, as I can always go for PB and chocolate! They look wonderful as well :)!
Thank you, Amy!!! [?]
Who doesn’t like this combo!!