Sometimes a few fresh ingredients make the best dishes. Even though it’s technically not summer yet, it still feels like summer, and this Tomato, Cucumber & Mozzarella Salad is perfect with any sort of BBQ or grilled dish. This salad is simple, but so delicious, especially when your ingredients are fresh. A little Italian olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and cracked fresh pepper and this salad is good to go. Enjoy!
What is your favorite summer salad?
- 5 medium plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, and cut into small wedges
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 Kirby cucumber, sliced
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, roughly chopped into chunks
- A generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, about 2 tablespoons
- A splash of balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and cracker pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Toss the tomato, onion, cucumber, and mozzarella with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season liberally with sea salt and pepper and top with fresh basil.
Yield: 4 servings