I had a kitchen emergency this past weekend – a ball of fresh mozzarella that I had in my refrigerator was about to go bad. Fresh mozzarella is amazing and I could not let this beauty go to waste, so I made Shells w/Grilled Chicken Cutlets & Fresh Mozzarella. This dish was simple, but tasted delicious with all the fresh ingredients… adding a little butter to the pasta shells also helped too. Enjoy!
Guess who turns 1 today??? The cutest baby in the world… my niece!
Happy Birthday, Little Mama!!!!
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 1 box of medium pasta shells
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Meanwhile, heat grill pan to medium; lightly oil grates with cooking spray or vegetable oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from grill, and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta, and return to pot. Add chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, Parmesan, and butter. Toss to combine. Add reserved pasta water a little at a time to create a sauce that coats shells (you may not need all the water). Serve with more Parmesan and basil.
*Adapted from Martha Stewart