Sweet corn has been on sale lately. If you’re like me, you buy 10 ears of corn for $2.00, eat about 4 of them and then have 6 leftover that you need to use before they go bad. This Sweet Corn Succotash is the perfect solution! This succotash is simple to make and is the perfect side dish to accompany a vast array of grilled dishes or BBQ. I served my succotash with grilled chicken – it was the perfect summer dish. Enjoy!
- 2 cups frozen lima beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes—peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 ears of corn, kernels cut off
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup slivered parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the frozen beans until tender. Drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- In a deep skillet, add the onion and cook until just softened. Add the tomatoes and corn and cook until the tomatoes break down. Add the lima beans with the cooking liquid and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in the butter and parsley and serve.