What’s not to love about caramel apples? They’re sweet and more sweet. In fact, when I was little, I used to think they were fairly healthy treats (I was getting my apple-a-day, right?). I now know that any food covered in caramel sauce is not the healthiest, but I’m still infatuated with this treat anyways. That’s why I knew I had to bake these Caramel Apple Cookies when I saw the recipe. These cookies are addicting and delicious. Enjoy at your own risk!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chunky-style applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup caramel bites
- Preheat oven to 350. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on low speed until combined. Add egg and applesauce, mix until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix in caramel bites.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake cookies until golden and just set, 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets 5 minutes and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.