I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day! Grilling season is definitely upon us, so why not break out the
beer tequila? Several months ago, I went to Mexico City for work and brought my hubby back some good tequila. It’s been sitting in our freezer, so I decided to break it out and make this delicious Grilled Pineapple w/Tequila & Brown Sugar Glaze. This dish is simple, yet the flavors are amazing; the tequila and brown sugar combo truly tastes awesome. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and this dish is perfect. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into wedges
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for topping
- Stir first 4 ingredients in small bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Prepare barbecue or grill pan over medium heat. Grill pineapple until brown, basting with tequila mixture and turning occasionally, about 10 minutes total.
- Remove pineapple from grill and serve hot with ice cream or whipped cream.