Happy President’s Day! I’m so happy that with this new job comes a sleu of new holidays that I have off. Since my sister and I had a long weekend, we decided to drive up to Syracuse and celebrate my father’s birthday with him. We had a great trip home; there was a lot of quality family time, Syracuse beat Rutgers in overtime, and we baked a lot. All in all, it was a very nice and relaxing weekend. One of the treats my mom, sister, and I baked were these fruit, nut and honey bars. My mom is on Weight Watchers and doing an amazing job! She found this recipe in her WW magazine. We made a few changes like adding sliced almonds and dried blueberries. These bars came out delicious and flavorful. The honey really gives the bars a nice sweetness without all the calories. Add whatever dried fruits or nuts you’d like. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9″ square baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat honey, eggs, and salt with a fork until blended.
- Add oats, blueberries, apricots, almonds, white chocolate chips, and flax seeds and stir until combined (mixture will be fairly sticky).
- Add whole wheat flour and mix until combined.
- Press dough evenly into pan and bake for 25 minutes or until edges are brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting and removing foil from bottom.
*Adapted from Weight Watchers