TGIF! This week has actually gone by fast for me probably because I was out of my office for 2 days attending an off-site training. But if your week has gone by slowly (I hate it when that happens) then this is the perfect meal to make during the work week. This Slow Cooker Italian Beef Stew is tasty and so easy to make because you literally just throw everything in the slow cooker and push the “on” button. I served this stew over rice, but you could just serve it plain with some nice, crusty bread or serve it over pasta. Any fun plans for the weekend? Enjoy!
- 1lb beef stew meat
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1/2 cup dry red wine, like Chianti
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, in juice
- 2 stalks of fresh rosemary, plus more for seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp corn starch mixed with 1 tbsp water
- sea salt for seasoning
- Place beef, beef stock, wine, carrots, celery, garlic, onion, pepper, cannellini beans, tomatoes, stalks of rosemary, bay leaf, red pepper, and corn starch mix in slow cooker and mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and rosemary stalks and season with salt. Roughly chop rosemary and sprinkle on top.
- Serve plain or over rice or pasta.
*Adapted from Betty Crocker