Happy Halloween!!!! I hope you had a fabulous weekend and have a wonderful Halloween! I made these Pumpkin Angel Food Cupcakes w/Pumpkin Spice Buttercream Frosting. I used an angel food cake mix because I was pressed for time, but you could also make these angel food cupcakes from scratch. The addition of the pumpkin makes them airy and fluffy and gives them a wonderful flavor. I added pumpkin pie spice to a vanilla buttercream and it tasted fantastic!
Do you have any fun plans for Halloween or any delicious recipes to share? Enjoy!
- 1 Box white angel food cake mix
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup cold water
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tbsp whipping cream
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tin with 21 cupcake liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cupcake ingredients on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 1 minute and pour into the cupcake liners up to the rim. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
- Fit a piping bag with frosting tip of choice and fill with frosting. Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and serve.