Samoas are those delicious Girl Scout Cookies with caramel, chocolate, and coconut. They are easily my favorite! I have no idea why they are called Samoas (I was never a Girlscout; could this be the reason I hate camping?), but I’ve heard them called Caramel Delights as well. Wherever the name comes from, those G-scouts bake a mean cookie. I turned these Samoas into Samoa Rice Krispie Treats; I mixed toasted coconut with the Rice Krispies and then covered the top with chocolate, more toasted coconut, and caramel drizzle.
Disclaimer: These Samoa Rice Krispies are best enjoyed while watching Troop Beverly Hills, starring Shelley Long, circa 1989. A classic, must-see 80’s movie. Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread shredded coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring once or twice, until golden, about 5 -10 minutes. Meanwhile, coat a 13×9″ pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add Rice Krispies and 1/2 cup coconut and stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper to evenly press mixture into pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth. Spread melted chocolate over Rice Krispie treats and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup toasted coconut, gently pressing into chocolate. Drizzle with caramel sauce. Allow Rice Krispies to harden before cutting into squares.
6 responses to “Samoa Rice Krispie Treats”
Heck yes!! These are my perfect idea of what a rice krispie treat should be. 🙂
Oh my goodness- these sound delicious!!!
I’m hoping I see some of these delicious treats in Maine. Can’t wait!!
wow these look awesome!! Samoas are my fav girl scout cookie!!! And I haven’t seen that movie in foreverrrrrr-seriously need to change that!
This is so creative!
Mmmm…one of my favorite Girl Scout cookies! 🙂